The Terms and Conditions for Permanent Placements are a binding agreement between you as the ‘Client’ and South Coast Nannies ABN 29 416 096 750 of Nowra in the State of New South Wales (hereinafter referred to as (“SCN”). Acceptance of Services is an immediate agreement regarding SCN Terms and Conditions.
‘SCN’ refers to South Coast Nannies a Nanny Agency that refers ‘the Nanny’ to ‘the Employer’ for the purpose of care for children for the ‘Client’.
‘Client’ refers to the person(s) or company that engages SCN to source a Nanny.
‘Employer’ refers to the person(s) or company engages a Nanny for Permanent Services.
‘Nanny’ refers to the individual who is registered with SCN for the purpose of seeking employment with an Employer who is SCN’s Client.
‘Permanent’ refers to hours worked for ‘Employer’ on a Permanent basis, Part-Time and Full-Time 1-7 days a week.
2. Acknowledgements and Agreements
2.1 We acknowledge and agree:
- SCN is authorised to release personal information to potential Nanny’s for the purposes set out in this Deed, and in a manner that SCN considers fit and in its absolute discretion.
- SCN and the Client are responsible to provide a safe, stable environment for the Nanny to provide services in. The Client is required to comply with any legislation relating to Public Liability, Industrial Relations and SafeWork and Australian Taxation Office obligations
2.2 SCN Obligations to Client:
Acknowledge and agree that SCN is a Nanny Agency engaged to:
- Match the Client’s requirements with the Nanny’s availability and qualifications.
- Provide suitable candidates for Placements required by the Client.
- Introduce the Client to the Nanny.
2.3 Client Obligations to SCN:
Acknowledge and agree for Permanent positions the Client acknowledges and agrees to the following;
- Client and SCN agree to conduct their relationship in accordance with the terms of this Deed.
- Notify SCN of any other circumstance/s in which it is reasonable to consider would be in SCN best interests.
- The Client must notify SCN in writing of an offer of employment with a Permanent Nanny and provide a copy of your contract.
- If the Client asks a Nanny to go direct or passes on a Nanny’s information which results in the employment of the Nanny by a third party, then the Client is held responsible to pay the full placement fee.
- If the Client re-engages any Nanny within twelve (12) months from the date of termination the Client is held responsible to pay the full Placement Fee.
- Clients must recognise all obligations when engaging a Nanny. The Client is legally responsible for their employee’s PAYG Withholdings, if eligible, Superannuation Levy and Workers Compensation.
3. Fees and Payment Terms
Once Nannies have indicated their availability, individual “Nanny Profiles” will be sent to you for review with an invoice for the Registration Fee of $75. Nanny Profiles are our way of introducing Families and Children to the Nanny’s qualifications, philosophy and experience as a professional Child Care Educator and a Photo to put a face to their name.
There is a Placement Fee for placing a Permanent Nanny into your Family. This amount will depend on the information you provide regarding the days and hours you require ranging from $300-$800. The Placement Fee is due in two installments.
- The First instalment shall be 75% percent of the Placement Fee amount as detailed in your invoice. This is due 3 days prior to the commencement of employment at your home.
- The Second installment shall be the remaining balance, which is due by the 3-week Anniversary date of the commencement of engagement.
- Accounts that are not settled in full within seven (7) days of the invoice will be subjected to a 10% surcharge for every month that the account remains outstanding.
SCN follows the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) and abides by its comprehensive standards to enhance payment card data security. SCN uses PCI Compliance with National Australia Bank Transact Services.
4. Refund and Cancellations
4.1 Permanent Placements
- Should the employment of the Nanny by the Client terminate within 3 weeks of commencement, SCN will endeavour to find a replacement at no additional cost providing that the Client has; notified SCN within five (5) days of the termination of engagement or has paid SCN or when the Client has paid their Placement Fee in Full.
- If no suitable replacement can be found within three (3) weeks SCN will refund 50% of the original fee as invoiced (less the $75 Registration Fee).
5.1 Termination By Client
- In the event that SCN breaches the terms of this Deed, the Client must serve written notice on SCN and must allow SCN seven (7) business days to remedy the Default.
- In the event that SCN fail to remedy the default, by notice of writing, the Client may terminate this Deed.
- In the event of a dispute between the Nanny and the Client, SCN will notify the Nanny and ask the Nanny how they wish to proceed.
- If the Client re-engages the Nanny within twelve (12) months from the date of termination, the full Placement Fee becomes payable by the Client.
5.2 Termination by South Coast Nannies
5.3 Termination by Nanny
- In the event that the Nanny terminates their agreement with the Client, SCN will provide assistance to this matter if required however is limited to their role.
- Refer to their individual agreement that you have with the Nanny.
6.1 Liability Obligations
- Clients are made aware of their obligations upon their Registration with SCN.
- Notwithstanding the terms of this Agreement, the Client acknowledges and agrees that SCN does not accept any liability for losses or damages arising from or during the provision of its Services to any person or item. SCN is not liable to the Client in any way whatsoever for any loss, damage or liability suffered as a result of or as a consequence of the terms of this Agreement.
7.1 Confidential Information
- Client’s details are confidential and are disclosed except with the prior consent of the Client/s.
7.2 Client Confidentiality:
- All introductions are confidential.
- If an applicant who has been introduced to a Client by SCN, is approached privately by that Client and is subsequently employed on a Permanent or Casual basis, Fees will be charged to the Client. This also applies to any referrals by the client of the applicant(s) to any other person and an engagement renders.
SCN Reserves the right to review and adjust these terms and conditions without prior notice.
Latest changes will be noted and updated on South Coast Nannies website