South Coast Nannies has an extensive screening process; care is taken to recruit professionals in the field, providing families with the most suitably qualified and experienced Nannies and Babysitters. You will be part of a larger network of professionals caring for the wellness and wellbeing of families, children, the South Coast Community and visitors to the area.
Applicants must meet our required Selection Criteria to go on to the next step in our screening process.
- Must be 18 years or older and an Australian Resident
- 4 Current and Contactable references – 2 child care related and 2 character
- Current identification (100 point check) will be needed upon interview.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
- Current drivers’ licence and own car
- Childcare Qualifications are highly desirable or working towards or completing Child Care or early childhood qualifications.
- Hold a current Working with Children Check Working With Children Check
- Hold a current Level 2 First Aid qualification (HLTFA311A, HLTFA301C, HLTAID003, HTLAID004)
- Hold a current CPR qualification and update yearly (HLTCPR201B, HLTCPR211A HTLAID001)
Apply to be a Nanny
You are required to complete the South Coast Nannies Nanny Application Form. This form will ask for information on your qualifications and certifications, availability, preferred service locations and career experience. Here you can upload your Resume, First Aid Certificate and a photo to accompany your application.
Pre-screen Phone Interview
During this call we get more information about your childcare career to date, your experience and how our agency can be of service to you.
Based on your Pre-screen Phone Interview we will decide whether to move forward with a face to face interview. Supporting Documentation will be required prior to the Face to Face Interview.
Face to Face Interview
We hold interviews face to face and via Skype. When you attend your interview you will need to bring all the items listed above with you so that originals can be sighted.
- Current Resume
- Current up to date Senior First Aide, CPR & Anaphylaxis Certificates
- Formal Qualification Certificate/s
- 100 Points of Identification (Passport, Drivers Licence, Photo ID Card, Medicare, Birth certificate or a bill with your name and current address on it (we need to verify your identity)
- Working With Children Check Clearance Certificate
- Current Photo for Identification purposes
- Any relevant documents to support your application
At this time we will review childcare experience and education but to also find out about your childcare career goals, job preferences and what type of position or work you are looking for. This allows South Coast Nannies to assess your availability and areas of expertise.
If your interview is successful and the required reference checks are made; a time will be arranged to go over the current In-House Policies for your role and a Trial Day set to deem the suitability to represent the agency. We will then be able to place you on our books and send you out to interviews.
We anticipate that your education and experience in Child Care will help us tremendously in continuing to provide peace of mind to the families of the local community and visitors to the area using the services of South Coast Nannies. We look forwarded to discussing your child care career to date and providing you with regular assignments in your chosen field of choice and areas of expertise and based on your availability for work.