A Nanny is someone who cares for your child/ren within your family home. Nannies may live in or out, depending on your family’s needs. South Coast Nannies caters for short to long term Nanny placements, full-time and part-time care.
Your Nanny should undertake all tasks involved in the care of your child/ren. These tasks include the sole care of the child/ren and any domestic duties involved regarding their health and well being.
Light domestic duties may be negotiated and included in the Nanny’s duties as long as they do not conflict with their primary responsibility of caring for your child/ren.
The benefits of employing a Nanny are numerous. Perhaps the most significant benefit is knowing that your child will feel secure in their own environment and that they are being given one to one specialist attention.
The benefits of our Nanny Services are numerous:
- One-on-one interactions gives your child a much more individualised and personal level of care than that typically experienced in a child care centres with the current ratios.
- By providing child care in their own home, children experience a much lower level of the disruption caused by parents needing to go to work, etc. Children are more likely to feel more secure in their own environment.
- You don’t have to worry about getting children to and from Child Care within a specified time frame, creating a more relaxed day at home.
- Less worry when your child is ill as they are still able to be cared for in their home.
- Having the opportunity for your child to experience stimulating outings such as going to the park, visiting the zoo and other favourite activities on a daily basis.
Nanny duties include:
- Ensuring that the environment your child/ren play in, is free from harm and is safe and secure.
- Providing stimulating and educational play, crafts and other activities.
- Preparing nutritious meals.
- Following set routines such as meals and sleep requirements.
- Attending extra curricular activities such as Playgroups in the area or trips to the park etc.
- Tidying the child/ren’s rooms and any other areas designated for meals or play.
- Providing a positive role model by acting in a mature, sensible and professional manner.
- Ensuring their personal knowledge and training is kept up to date, e.g. First Aid and Professional Development.
We need to know what you expect your Nanny to be like in terms of experience, age, qualification and very importantly, personality. To ensure a positive working relationship it is crucial to find a Nanny who has similar ideas, values and beliefs as you and your family. For Permanent Positions which could be full-time or part-time, you as the engager of Services become the Employer.
Interview Time – The South Coast Nanny you have selected will contact you to introduce herself, discuss the position and arrange an interview time. Once the interview has taken place, we will undertake a follow up call to both parties to determine how best to proceed. If you would like to continue searching, we will clarify the requirements and begin another search for you.
Paperwork – A Employment Contract will be required to be drawn up between the Nanny and you ‘the Employer’ outlining the terms and conditions of permanent employment. This contract is simply what you honor to do by your Nanny and what she honors to do by you. Note: A copy of this Employment Contract is to be given to South Coast Nannies for their records. Follow up calls will be made within the first 2 weeks to ensure that everything is running smoothly. Please feel free to contact us at anytime with any questions or concerns you may have regarding your Nanny.
Resources – The Agency provides a unique approach in supporting Individuals, Families and Organisations through the provision of high quality services. To support parents we have valuable information and hints for you to use in interviewing, and induction processes and forms to use when engaging a Nanny through South Coast Nannies.