We are looking for a calm and confident Nanny who enjoys reading and engaging in creative activities with the children. The family has 2 children (aged 4 and 7 years of age) with the primary care being for the 4 year old as the 7 year old will join in after school. Both parents work from home and can assist if necessary.
The 4-year old loves creative activities (drawing, painting, sculpture, etc.), reading picture books and imaginative play. The 7-year enjoys board games, maths/science and piano. Both children enjoy some play time at the local park.
The family is also requesting 35 hours per week during the school holidays (willing to discuss this with the Nanny).
Monday: 8.30am – 5.30pm
Thursday: 3.00pm – 8.30pm
Length of Engagement:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and prepare meals for the children
- Maintain all aspects of care routines for their child
- Full toddler care
- Accompany children to activities (park, bowling, nature walks- family will provide additional funds for any excursions which incur a fee)
- Clean, sweep, mop and tidy children’s areas
- Clean up kitchen after meals
- Plan and implement age-appropriate experiences for the child
- Be an effective communicator with the children and the family
- Be friendly, interactive and attentive with the children’s needs
- Be organised with following routines outlined by the family
- Plan and implement age-appropriate learning experiences (especially reading)
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Working with Children Check
- Current Covid-19 Training completed
- Being fully vaccinated is essential to be considered for the role.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with children
- Child Care Qualifications preferred but not essential
$25-$30 per hour ($30 per over for overtime)
Nanny to take 1 week leave over Christmas.
Family will take 6 weeks off throughout the year for family travel (willing to accommodate when the Nanny requires time off too)
HOW TO APPLY!
*In order to be put forward for the position with our family we do need you to complete the Nanny Application Form on our website. SEE https://southcoastnannies.com.au/nannies/application-form-child-care/
On this form you will need details of your First Aid, Working with Children Check number, Qualifications and further information on your career to date. As part of the Candidate process, we also require 2 Work References and 2 Personal References. The next stage will be verifying information submitted in your application.
*All responses will be treated in strict confidence and for more information please phone the South Coast Nannies on 02 4422 8808.